Today, we’re happy to announce two new updates from the YouTube for Good team to help you make the most out of your channel.
First, we’re kicking off monthly online trainings for members of the YouTube Nonprofit Program. These will be ‘101 level’ trainings - perfect for nonprofits who recently joined the program or are just getting started with a YouTube channel. The trainings, which will be conducted via Google+ Hangouts on Air, will take place at 9am PT on the last Tuesday of every month.
The first training will be at 9am PT on July 31, 2012. Here’s how to join:
Directions To join in the conversation during our Hangout On Air:
- Make sure you have a Google Account and Google+ profile or page setup.
- Add YouTube Nonprofits Program page to your circles. We'll add you to our circles, then invite you to the Hangout on Air.
- This Hangout on Air will begin at 9am PT on July 31, 2012. Additional trainings will take place at 9am PT on the last Tuesday of every month.
- Log onto Google+ and you'll see an invite to join the hangout in your notifications (upper right hand corner of the page in a red box). Click through to the conversation!
- If the link is not available in your notifications, click the hangouts icon on the left hand side of the page and look for a hangout called "YouTube Nonprofits Introduction" among the hangouts available for you to join.
- Point your browser to the YouTube Nonprofits Program Google+ page and click on the Hangouts On Air thumbnail.
- Navigate to the YouTube for Nonprofits YouTube Channel and click on the live feed. This is the best option if you do not have a Google account.
Ramya Raghavan, news and politics manager, recently watched "Water in Adina Faso"