Skip to Main Content

Inside YouTube

YouTube's New Film Editor (Say Hi!) & Tribeca Film Festival

By Sara Pollack

YouTube Film

I arrived in San Francisco just a few weeks ago to start my new life as YouTube’s Film Editor. Behind me were the first five years of my adult life, spent working in independent film in New York, where I had built up a network of much-loved friends and colleagues. Ahead of me stood life in a new city, a job with a new company (and in a new industry that used words like "Java" and "Python"), the challenge of making new friends, and, apparently, really cold summers.


And I couldn’t be happier, because I have a great mission: to help the YouTube community discover the exceptional filmmakers within our midst and to create a space within the increasingly large world of YouTube for aspiring filmmakers to share their work, their ideas, their concerns and their goals. Welcome to the TheStoryBoard, my YouTube film vlog.

One of my first undertakings will be attending the Tribeca Film Festival from April 26th to May 5th, where I’ll be looking for great short films and new filmmakers to introduce you to. If you’re a filmmaker with a project at Tribeca, be sure to let me know at filmz@youtube.com so I can come support you! And, in recognition of this important and influential film festival, created after 9/11 to revive Lower Manhattan, I’ll be featuring trailers for festival films on the Film & Animation page daily during the festival’s run. If you miss a feature, you can check out the TFF Trailer playlist here:

I'll also try my own hand as a filmmaker while I’m there and bring you back a little video from the fest (expectations low, please).

I want to give a shout out to the San Francisco International Film Festival, too, running here in my new hometown from April 26th to May 10th. I’ll be checking out their program when I’m back from Tribeca and I hope you Northern California locals will do the same! They’re the first American film festival to turn 50 this very year.

Be sure to start emailing me with feature-worthy videos for Film & Animation, Comedy and Entertainment, and with film related comments, questions and ideas.


Long live the digital revolution!

Yours,
Sara

Subscribe